As we have seen, there has been a lot of media around the Coronavirus and how we are running out of toilet paper and water at Costco. We have heard people make jokes of the virus and hard of peoples fears. No matter who believes what and how they take the news, we here at Ares Basketball would like to share what we know and what we would like folks to do to help keep us all healthy.
Parents, PLEASE keep your child home if they are having any of the main symptoms of the Coronavirus. We will have plenty of time to get their work in. Missing one is better than missing all!
So, What IS the Coronavirus?
As per the CDC, the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) is a respiratory illness that can spread person to person . It was first identified in late 2019 and has caused several cases globally, including the United States, and most importantly, locally & the San Francisco Bay Area.
What are Some Common Symptoms of the Coronavirus?
The symptoms listed below may appear 2-14 days after exposure:
- Shortness of breath
How does Coronavirus Spread?
- Person to person in close contact
- Coughs or sneezes
- Touching surfaces/objects that have been infected by the virus and then touching your face
How do I Reduce Risk of Getting Coronavirus?
- Wash your hands often for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching you face area
- Stay home if sick
- Clean and disinfect common touched areas
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue and wash hands
- At games, “elbow” high 5’s (per AAU)
What do I do if I Think I Have Been Exposed to Coronavirus?
- If you develop symptoms, see immediate medical advice
- Call ahead of time to explain the symptoms to your provider
- While sick, avoid contact with people and reduce your travel to avoid spreading illness to others
- If you have come to practice, contact us ASAP especially if confirmed you have been exposed
In the case a member of the club has come in contact or has the virus, we will contact the club member immediately and postpone practices until a later date.